# How to enter Unitedkingdom?

London Heathrow Airport is the world's busiest international airport. Situated 15 miles west of Central London, Heathrow offers a large choice of international destinations, with direct flights to most countries in the world. British Airways has its hub at Heathrow and offers a wide range of international flights to Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and Australia. There are fewer direct flights to South America, although many South American airlines connect to London via Spain. Other large airlines operating at Heathrow include bmi (formerly British Midland), Virgin Atlantic and the main national airlines of most countries. London Gatwick Airport,30 miles south of London in Sussex, is the second-largest airport, and also offers a wide range of international flights. London Stansted Airport in Essex, and London Luton Airport in Bedfordshire, are hubs for the budget airlines Ryanair and easyJet  who offer direct flights to a wide range of European destinations. London City Airport is the most central airport in London, situated 7 miles east of Central London, but mainly serves business passengers to the main financial centres in Europe.

# Do the travelers need the travel permits to visit Unitedkingdom?

  • A valid passport with at least 6 months validity remaining
  • One fully completed, signed and dated application form
    All applications should be submitted and paid for online. You will then be directed to make an appointment at one of the Application Support Centres in your area in order to submit your biometric data ( finger scans )
  • One recent passport size photograph
  • Evidence of your Immigration Status in the USA and permission to re-enter the USA after your trip. Examples are Permanent resident card, Valid U.S. visa, valid I-20 etc
  • Employment Letter / Confirmation of Employment
  • If going for vacation, please include length of service and vacation dates
  • Evidence of funds: e.g., Recent bank statement (within last 30 days), travelers cheques. (Credit card statements are not acceptable)
  • If you are visiting family or friends you will need:

    - a letter from your sponsor (the person you are visiting) explaining your relationship with them and the purpose of your visit

    If your sponsor will be supporting you during your visit, or paying for the cost of the visit, you will need: pay slips, bank statements, or some other evidence to show that they have enough money to support you

  • # Can anyone travel in Unitedkingdom by bus, if he/she can’t afford the car?

    Local bus services are of variable quality and cost. Rural bus services are in general better than in France and the USA, but not so good as in Italy or Germany. It is useful to note that many cities and large towns have day cards for their bus networks that can work out as good value. Locals and staff will be willing to help you if you are confused by timetables.

    # What to pack for Unitedkingdom tours?

    Sunglasses, sun lotions,an umbrela in summers and lots of woolens for winters.
    # What is the weather like in Unitedkingdom?

    Britain is an island country and the surrounding sea gives England a varied climate. We never know what the weather will be like from one day to the other. It can be sunny one day and rainy the next. As we have such a variable climate changing from from day to day, it is difficult to predict the weather. In general we have warm summers and cool winters. Our summers are cooler than those on the continent, but the winters are milder.

    # What is the best timing for Unitedkingdom tours?

    Probably the best months to travel in England are May, June, September and October. These months generally have the most pleasant temperatures and less rain. July and August are the warmest months, but they are also the wettest. The sunniest parts of the Britain are along the south coast of England.

    # What medical preparations the travelers need to make before Unitedkingdom tours?

    Healthcare in the United Kingdom is a devolved matter and England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales have separate systems with different policies and priorities though the degree of co-operation usually conceals the difference from cross-border users of the services. The four systems provide public healthcare to all UK permanent residents that is free at the point of need and paid for from general taxation. A much smaller private medical system also exists. Various regulatory bodies are organised on a UK-wide basis such as the General Medical Council, the Nursing and Midwifery Council and non-governmental-based (e.g. Royal Colleges). Across the UK, there is a large number of medical schools and dental schools, and a considerable establishment for training nurses and professions allied to medicine.

    # What are the norms if I contact with the British?

    People in the UK are generally polite, laid back and friendly. The British themselves will admit that people in the north of England, Scotland and parts of Wales, for example, tend to be more friendly, even towards 'outsiders'. Despite popular belief, most Britons are actually very un-reserved and outgoing, once they get to know you, but unlike a few other nations, the British are generally not accustomed to too much small talk, and general coversation with complete strangers, which some see as instrusive. This rings more true the further south you go, and foreign visitors often comment on how cold they find some people, particularly in London. British people are generally very friendly but they simply don't favour the direct approach. A good sense of humour goes a long way in Britain.

    # What should I keep in mind when I contact with the British?

    • Do not photo them without permission, please show respect to them !
    • Do not talk about the sensitive topics like political or t religious matters!

    # How much should I tip?

    Tipping is not a tradition in most pubs and you should take all of your change. Regular customers who have a relationship with the staff will offer to buy the Landlord, or bar worker, a drink. "A pint of Best, Landlord, and one for yourself". The Landlord will often keep the money rather than have too much to drink. However you are not obliged to do this yourself.

    # Do the travelers need to ask the permissions before taking the photos of Unitedkingdomans?

    It is always good to ask permission first. Unitedkingdomans are very friendly. However, it might arouse the upset feelings of local Unitedkingdomans by photo-taking without asking the permission first.

    # Is it easy to get the cash money from ATMs in Unitedkingdom?

    ATMs, which are often known in the UK as Cashpoints, cash machines or informally as 'holes in the wall', are very widely available and usually dispense £10 and £20 notes. Traveller's cheques can be exchanged at most banks. Be aware: some non-bank ATMs (easily identified, sometimes kiosk-style units, as opposed to fixed units in walls, and often at petrol/gas stations and convenience stores) charge a fixed fee for withdrawing money, and your home bank may as well. On average the cost is about £1.75 per withdrawal, but the machine will always inform you of this and allow you to cancel the transaction

    # What are the commonly used phone numbers for emergency in Unitedkingdom?

    The following phone calls can be directly made from any other telephones in Unitedkingdom once the emergency happens.
    • Police emergency: 999 or 112
    • Medical emergency: 999 or 112